Haircuts are always expensive, even for little girls’ long hair simple cut. However, it is very easy for you to cut your daughter’s hair at home. Cutting hair at home can not only give your little girl a better look with your lovely cut but also help you save up to 200 bucks a year. And the most important, is that this work can help you build pretty good relationships.
It must be a sweet memory for you to enjoy after many years later.
Ok, start from here you can learn how to cut girls long hair at home. Enjoy this lovely experience!
List of tools you may need:
- a pair of scissors
- spray bottle
Detail steps to cut girls long hair
1. Before start, you should point out the maximum cutting length you want.
2. Setup the barber system. I recommend you perform this in the bathroom, with a mirror in front of you. Put the cape on the kid and make her sit in front of the mirror.
3. Before you start, you should point out what hairstyle you want, including layer and length.
4. Wash her hair with a soft shampoo, towel it and comb it as straight as possible.
5. Start from the bangs. Grasp and twist it once to twice (length you wish). Then cut the hairs along the eyebrow line (a little bit below).
6. Comb hair from the crown evenly to the around. You should make sure it begins at the center, not only the very top position of the head.
7. Trim your hair to the maximum length you want. Keep the hairs back behind but vertically to your middle and index fingers, and then cut underneath your fingers. Begin from one side and cut evenly. You should cut them with about half inch increment from the dead end.
8. Slide your index and middle fingers straightly (not an angle) to the position you want to cut. Cut vertically across the hair along your fingers. You can leave the hair a little longer and then cut once more to make sure it looks like what your wish.
9. To make it looks like more naturally, trim the end section by section.
10. After you finish the whole head, double check how she looks like. You can make some small cut if necessary.
11. Wash her hair when you both feel satisfied.
That’s it! Very easy!
Above are detail steps about how to cut boys’ short hair at home. It’s just a starting guidance for you to begin your home hair-cutting experience.
However, if you want to make your home hair cutting like a pro, I recommend you move on to How To Cut Hair – For Beginners or Cozy's Complete Guide to Girls' Hair course. Either of them can teach you hair cutting techniques from basic steps to advanced and more challenging hairstyles. As you become more professional and get more comfortable on your hair cutting experience, you will definitely enjoy this great job.
Overall, it’s a pretty nice way for you to show your parents’ love to you kids and shape them in your both designed hairstyle.
No other thing can be a so sweet memory for you!