short standard man’s hairstyle is very popular, especially in the summer time, as this style is easy for clean and can keep guys feel pretty cool. So learn how to cut man’s short standard hair at home is very important for home hair-cut barbers. It also can help you save hundreds of dollars per year for your family’s hair cutting. So don’t hesitate to manage this useful skill!
In the following, you will learn how to cut man’s short
standard hair like a pro from the pictures and detail illustration steps. Before you go ahead, you should be aware that practices make professional.
So, keep in mind that you will get the hang of home hair-cut techniques after 3 or 4 times practice.
Okay, for man’s short hair cut is very easy. You just need a set of proper tools, and then you can do it at home.
List of tools you may need:
- a pair of scissors
- a kit of electric clipper
Here is the tool I recommend
This kit includes electric clipper, professional scissor, comb, mirror, and a set of comb guides. The comb guides kit includes: eight different guides ranging in size from 1/8" to 1", which can help you control the hair length, and the left and right ear taper.
The Following figure shows man’s short hair cutting procedure
Detail steps to cut man’s short hair at home (please read accordingly to the above figure)
2. Setup the barber system. I recommend you perform this in the bathroom, with a mirror in front of you. Put the cape on your partner and make him sit in front of the mirror.
3. Divide the head into four cutting zones: a) bottom zone, from the bottom of the hair line to the bottom of the ear; b) the lower zone (running from the bottom of the ear to the top of the ear); c) the middle zone (running from the top of the ear to the top edge of the head); and d) the top of the head.
4. You should use the comb guide from the largest to the one meets your requirement. Choose a larger guide comb than the desired maximum cutting length, because it would not remove his hair too much with the larger guide comb. Put it on the trimmer.
5. Start to trim the whole head hair use the largest one (satisfy your maximum length).
6. Then choose the comb guide with one size smaller for the other three zones. Trim Hair from bottom to the top edge.
7. For the lower and bottom zone, you can use a one size smaller comb guide to cut. But you should not put the trimmer tightly against to the head. Increase the distance to the head when the trimmer getting into the lower zone. It can help the hair length change smoothly and make the hairstyle looks more naturally.
8. Use the left and right ear guide comb to cut the hair around ear.
9. Trim the side and neck hair evenly.
10. Wash the head when you both feel satisfied.
That’s it! Very easy!
Above are detail steps about how to cut mans’ short hair at home. It’s just a starting guidance for you to begin your home hair-cutting experience.
However, if you want to make your home hair cutting like a pro, I recommend you move on to How To Cut Hair – For Beginners or In The Cut course. Either of them can teach you hair cutting techniques from basic steps to advanced and more challenging hairstyles. As you become more professional and get more comfortable on your hair cutting experience, you will definitely enjoy this great job.
Overall, learn how to cut man’s short standard hair it’s a pretty nice way for you to save money and time.
Download a free copy of How To Cut Man's Short Hair At Home